Honeywell offers a wide range of Spectra® performance levels and deniers to meet the needs of many applications. Selecting the right rope or net for a job depends on multiple concerns of construction, composition and function. Our knowledgeable and experienced applications team helps customers optimize manufacturing processes and develop creative and cost-effective solutions.The Benefits of Spectra Fiber
- 15 times stronger than steel by weight – lighter weight/heavier loads
- Light enough to float (.97 g/cc specific gravity) – no capacity loss in water
- Hydrophobic – no water weight gain
- Chemical resistance - does not corrode and eliminates need for lubrication
- Excellent abrasion resistance – longer life
- Excellent flex and bending fatigue performance – longer life
- Very good UV resistance – eliminates the need for UV protective coatings
- Excellent cut resistance – improves durability – longer life
- Low coefficient of friction – reduces energy loss and heat buildup
Start your search with category name, product name, part number, etc.
Made from the same material that stops bullets and protects our military, Spectra® HT fiber is 25% stronger than other UHMWPE materials of the same diameter.
Spectra® S-900 fiber was the first commercially available extended-chain, high-strength polyethylene fiber and the first in a series of Spectra fibers. It is available in multiple deniers (650 - 5600) for use in a wide range of applications.